Learn what the insurance requirements are for vendor contracts,
This article applies to vendors.
Some transactions between the University and vendors require proof of insurance coverage. This page provides some basic information about DU's requirements. Additional or different coverage may be requested depending on the nature of the contract. We ask that you submit proof of insurance in the form of a "Certificate of Insurance" or COI on the standard Accord form. Please do not submit declaration pages, summaries, or copies of your polices as we require being named as an "Additional Insured" party. COIs are easy to obtain by contacting your broker and are generally provided free of charge. The following limits (or higher) are required as a condition of conducting business with the University.
- A minimum of $1Million per occurrence/$2Million aggregate
- Sub limits should include a minimum of $250,000 fire legal liability unless otherwise noted for all
- Automobile Liability:
- $1M combined single limit
- Workers' Compensation:
- Statutory Amounts as required by law if your employees are performing services for the University.
- Evidence of other coverages, which may include but is not limited to Liquor Liability, Cyber, Professional, and Errors and Omissions, may be request as needed.
Certificates of Insurance
- All certificates must state the university's legal name, Colorado Seminary, in the recital section. The Certificates shall name the University as additional insured with the following language in the "description" section of the Certificate of Insurance (COI): "Colorado Seminary, a Colorado nonprofit corporation which owns and operates the University of Denver is named an additional insured as respects their interests."
- The Certificate Holder section should read as follows:
Colorado Seminary, which owns and operates, the University of Denver
Enterprise Risk Management
2199 S. University Blvd, #414
Denver, CO 80208-4842
If you have any questions regarding insurance requirements, please contact Enterprise Risk Management at 303-871-3810.